If you are looking for Toppin Steam Mop reviews, you are in the right place!
How do I keep my hard floors clean and sanitized? Most homes have hard floor surfaces that require various solutions and products to clean them. Today, I want to introduce you to an easy solution to get your floors clean, sanitized and spot-free quickly, all without the use of harsh chemicals. I’m excited to review and test out the newest mop from Toppin. It’s called the Toppin Steam Mop.
As a mom of three kids and two pets, and we make our fair share of messes. How to sanitize floors without all of the harsh chemicals is important to me. We also live in a home with multiple types of floor surfaces. I wanted to see how well the Toppin Steam Mop can handle our sticky floors. Wouldn’t it be great if I could get them clean using only heat and water? Let’s see how the Topic Steam Mop stands up to my dirty floors.
What to expect: Straight out of the box, I love how quickly and easily it was to assemble. It comes with 2 handles that simply click together, so it assembles in under a minute. It was very easy to use, also. I, then, added water, plugged it into the outlet, and it heated almost instantly. I also love how it feels substantial. It does not feel cheaply made like many other comparable products. The cord also feels well made. Because it it well constructed, I know it will stand the test of time.
How To Sanitize Floors:
I tested the Toppin Steam Mop on every type of hard floor in our home. We have hardwood floors, a small bit of granite around the fireplace, and ceramic tile. I wanted to test the cleaning power and capability on multiple surfaces. I have taken some before and after photos, so you can see how well the machine performs with each spill and each floor type.
First, I tested what is a common mess for us, spilled juice. Normally, I would dry this spill with a paper towel first, but I wanted to test the steam mop on it without drying up any of the spill. Notice how I do not clean or alter the mess prior to cleaning. The spilled juice was no match for Toppin Steam Mop. You can see the mess I created in the before photo and the results from the “after photo.”
Pretty unbelievable, really. I’ve waited a bit for the floors to dry because I wanted to show the results below. There is no leftover juice or stickiness on my tile floors. I tested the floors with my bare feet and noticed there is absolutely no sticky feeling.
Best of all, you can see it cleaned up the spill using only heat and water. The Toppin Steam Mop handled beautifully and dried quickly within minutes. It did not leak or leave any unnecessary water spill.
Did I mention the machine is using only water to clean and sanitize the floors? This may be my favorite part!
Here is a photo of some dried on sticky residue on the floor beside the fridge. Below is the before photo. This is also the area where our trash can sits, so it needs to be sterilized.
Here is the after photo after using the Toppin Steam Mop. The mop did a great job of removing the sticky residue and leaving a beautiful shine.
The next test I did involved spots of dried on milk on my hardwood floor. I did not attempt to clean up the milk spots before running the Toppin Stream Mop. Here is the messy before photo below. Let’s see how well it cleans.
Below is the after photo after cleaning up the milk spots. Notice how it cleaned the spots away and left the floor washed clean. The photo below shows the steamed, clean floor.
What comes with the Toppin Steam Mop?
It comes with the handle pieces and body, which attach easily and quickly.
2 washable, reusable floor pads
1 water cup with spout
1 carpet glider (for carpet cleaning only)
Toppin steam mop user manual
The next test for the Toppin Steam Mop was to test it on the granite by my fireplace. I haven’t mopped this area recently, so you can see the spotty, messy surface in the photo. Here is the before photo. Remember, it is cleaning using only heat and water, so I feel safe using it in the granite.
Here is the clean, dried and sanitized granite tile below. It’s exciting and convenient that the Toppin Steam Mop performs beautifully without damaging the floor. What if you encounter a sticky mess? Just change out the floor pad. There are two included, and they are both washable and reusable.
How To Sanitize Floors:
What the Toppin Steam Mop can do that other machines cannot:
- This product will both steam, sanitize, and mop the floors at the same time. It eliminates the need for a traditional mop and bucket.
- The Toppin Steam Mop heats quickly and operates with a generously, lengthy cord.
- It can be used in small spaces, such as beside the toilet, should you need to access a small area..
- It works on multiple surfaces, eliminating the need to change products as you clean other types of floor in your home.
- It connects using a long cord making it easy to complete a large area at once without plugging and unplugging the cord.
- The machine can switch from hard surfaces to area rug surfaces by simply attaching the carpet glider.
- The Toppin Steam Mop uses only heat and water to clean and sanitize the floors. Pretty impressive! The dial on the mop allows you to change the setting using 3 different steam levels.
- The machine is light-weight and easy to operate.
Assembling the Toppin Steam Mop is easy:
- Fit the handle top onto the handle tube. It clicks into place.
- Click the handle onto the mop.
- Attach the mop pad
Filling the Water Tank:
- The water tank is located on the front side of the Toppin Steam Mop.
- Pop open the cap on the water tank
- With the machine UNPLUGGED, Add water up to the fill line using the water cup that is included.
- Close the water cap.
Cleaning the Floors with the Toppin Steam Mop:
- To clean hard floors, turn the machine on by plugging the cord into a power outlet and turning the dial to the desired steam setting. The light indicator will light up, indicating that it’s working.
- Wait 20 seconds for the water to heat. You’ll hear it working.
- Recline the machine to start mopping.
- Begin passing the steam mop over the area you intend to clean.
- Do not allow the heated machine to sit or rest in one area while it’s on. It could cause damage to the floor.
- Turn off the machine when finished. Allow it to sit in an area where it can cool without damaging the floor beneath it.
Cleaning and Care of the Toppin Steam Mop:
- Disconnect from power source.
- Wipe the Toppin Steam Mop using a wet cloth and mild detergent
- Do not get water into the electrical areas.
- The reusable floor pads can be washed in the washing machine, but avoid using fabric softener. Allow to air dry only.
- Allow the steam mop to completely air dry before plugging it into an outlet.
Did I mention the machine is using only water to clean and sanitize the floors? This may be my favorite part! If you have small children at home who spend lots of time on the floors, you know how important it is to keep the floor sanitized.
Frequently Asked Questions for the Toppin Steam Mop :
- Why is there reduced steam or no steam coming out? The water tank may not be filled. The unit may not be plugged in properly. Verify that the water tank is full of water and that the steam mop is plugged into a working outlet/power source.
- Why is the indicator light not working? The unit may not be plugged in properly. Check your fuse or breaker box and make sure the power source is working.
- Why is there a peculiar smell? The first time you use the Toppin Steam Mop, you may experience an odd smell due to the new parts being heated for the first time. The smell will go away after continued use.
- Why do I hear sounds such as clicking, bubbly, or rattling? This is normal for the steam mop and it is operating correctly.
- Why is there a puddle of water, and why is it not picking up dirt? It is likely that the mop pad is saturated and needs replacing with a fresh pad. 2 are included with purchase.
What I LOVE about the Toppin Steam Mop:
It steams and sanitizes floors at the same time. It saves time by tackling two chores at once and eliminates the need for harsh chemicals.
It provides a powerful, easy cleaning experience. Cords can often run short. This cord is 23 feet in length. You never have to worry about running out of cord length when working in the same room. You can move freely throughout the room only having to plug it in once.
Knowing how to sanitize floors is a must, and I finally have a “one size fits all” machine that does it all. How do I keep my floors clean? I can clean every floor surface using the same steam mop. If the pad gets dirty, i just replace it with the clean one. I have used it successfully on hardwood floors, ceramic tile, and on my granite tiles.
The Toppin Steam Mop is affordable. Instead of the $200 price tag you find on many makes and models, you can buy this steam mop for under $60 at the link below. Plus, you get all of the cleaning options to steam, clean and sanitize the floors in this one machine.
Main product features of the Toppin Steam Mop: How To Sanitize Floors
- Steams and washes floors at the same time
- A Huge Benefit! You usually you have to mop hard floors using a bucket, cleanser, and mop, but now you can do all of these steps easily using the same machine while using only water and heat.
- Provides a fast and easy cleaning experience – no more gathering multiple supplies to clean
- Comes equipped with a large water tank for up to 15-minutes of steam cleaning.
- Sanitizes and washes multiple, sealed hard floor types
- Works seamlessly on Tile, vinyl, linoleum, or hardwood floors, and even carpet when you attach the carpet glider
- Works on hard floors and area rugs – freshens or refreshes floors to provide that deep clean feel
- 3 steam level modes: hard floor to area rug – It even dispenses the right amount of steam depending on your surface.
- Added Benefit: Usually when using a mop and bucket, the water becomes more and more dirty as you continue to use it to clean. Now, with 2 cleaning pads, you can always change one out and replace it with a clean pad
How to Sanitize Floors?
- The Toppin Steam Mop helps pick-up messes left behind by spills and pet accidents.
- It has a generous mopping cycle – lasts 15 minutes, which provides more than enough time for one room
- Works using only water and heat to clean
- The cord length is sufficient to clean a large area
- The Toppin Steam Mop is large enough to mop a room quickly, but small enough to get in tight spaces, such as beside the toilets
If you are thinking of getting a Toppin Steam Mop, I believe you’ll be very satisfied with your purchase. The ease of use of owning one makes it my “go to” machine. I hope my review has answered your questions and given you some details to guide your decision.
My readers can use coupon code : Dee15 to get 15 percent off at this link.
You can also follow them on Instagram here.
(Disclosure: The good people at Toppin provided this product to me in exchange for my full and honest review. I am still using it regularly because I love the ease of use. It is now my “go to” solution to sanitize and mop my floors. As with any cleaning product, check with your flooring manufacturer and determine whether it is safe to use on your particular flooring.)
Do you own a Toppin Steam Mop? If so, leave me a comment below and let me know what you love about it. I hope this review has helped you decide how to sanitize floors and get the deep clean you know makes your house feel like home.
Check out the most popular posts on deemiddleton.com:
Also, check out a great post on decluttering over here from becomingminimalist.com. Joshua Becker has some great tips on decluttering and minimalism.
For further reading, check out the fly lady here. She has some great cleaning and decluttering ideas plus excellent organization tips to get you started.
Also, you can get the complete digital printable copy of the Year Long Thorough Declutter Series Calendar and Checklists here. The printable digital download is delivered to your email. It includes 25 pages of printable calendar pages and checklists to help you declutter every room in your home.