How do I keep my floors clean? Most homes have multiple floor surfaces that require various solutions and products to clean them. Today, I want to introduce you to the solution to your floor cleaning issues. I’m excited to review and test out the newest mop/vacuum/wet/dry combination machine from BISSELL® CrossWave®. Really. It does it all. Check out my BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max review.
BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max Review
I am a mom of three, and we make our fair share of messes. How do I keep my floors clean? We also live in a home with multiple types of floor surfaces. I wanted to see how well the BISSELL® can handle our messes and our various floor types. Wouldn’t it be great if one machine could clean every floor type? Let’s see how the BISSELL® stands up to my dirty floors.
Also, my site covers all things cleaning, organizing, and decluttering. You can get the complete digital printable copy of the Year Long Thorough Declutter Series Calendar and Checklists here. The printable digital download is delivered to your email. It includes 25 pages of printable calendar pages and checklists to help you declutter every room in your home. Now, let me share with you my full BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max Review.
I tested the BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max on every type of floor in our home. We have hardwood floors, ceramic tile, and area rugs. I wanted to test the suction and cleaning capability on multiple surfaces. I have taken some before and after photos, so you can see how well the machine performs with each spill and each floor type.
My first test in my BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max Review was the broken egg on the hardwood floor seen in the photo below. There is broken egg shell in the mess, also, though it’s difficult to see.
First, I tested what is a common and disgusting mess- a dropped, raw egg. Notice how I do not clean or alter the mess prior to cleaning. The broken egg was no match for the BISSELL®CrossWave® Cordless Max. You can see the mess I created in the “before photo” and the results from the “after photo.”
Pretty unbelievable, really. I’ve have not seen or owned any product that both vacuums and mops up every bit of the mess, leaving my hardwood floors clean and spotless. There is no leftover egg residue on my hardwood floors.
Best of all, you can see it picked up all of the broken egg and I was able to pour out the waste and rinse the reservoir. The suction was sufficient to get all of the broken egg shell pieces as well as all of the liquid. See the photo below.
The cleaning solution I used was the BISSELL® Muti-surface formula that was provided with the vacuum. I am pleased with how it worked on the hardwood floors, the ceramic tile floor, and the area rug. It has a nice scent and is not overpowering. Best of all, there is no residue on the hard floor surfaces. It leaves a clean, non-sticky, clear appearance. There are no streaks or spots like you get with many other detergents.
But, wait! Shouldn’t you avoid vacuuming up something like this in your machine? Wouldn’t that damage the machine or cause it to smell? That’s one of my favorite features…it’s self-cleaning. Read on to see how it works.
The next test I did in my BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max Review involved spilled cereal and milk on my hardwood floor. I did not wipe up the milk before running the BISSELL®. Here is the messy “before” photo. Let’s see how well it cleans.
Below is the “after” photo after cleaning up the milk and cereal spill. Notice how it cleaned the mess and left the floor washed clean.
In the photo below you can see how it cleaned up all of the liquid and solid mess. Here is the photo of the dirty water tank.
What comes with the BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max? :
It comes with the handle and body, which attach easily and quickly.
2 multi surface brush rollers
2 BISSELL®Hardwood floor formulas
2 BISSELL®multi-suface formulas
Brush drying tray
3 in 1 docking station
The next test for the BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max review was to test it on ceramic tile. I poured out some rice onto the floor to try out the suction and cleaning performance. Here is the “before” photo. Remember, it is vacuuming the floor and mopping it after. Then ,it suctions up the wet, clean floor.
Here is the clean, vacuumed, and mopped ceramic tile below. I don’t know of any machine that is able to perform all of these functions at the same time. This means you no longer need to first vacuum, and then mop the floors. It’s exciting and convenient that this one BISSELL® machine performs all of these functions. What if you just want to vacuum? You can do that, too. You just avoid squeezing the spray trigger.
How do I keep my floors clean? BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max Review
What the BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max can do that other machines cannot:
- This product will both vacuum and mop the floors at the same time. It eliminates the need for a separate vacuum, area rug cleaner, and mop. This saves time and eliminates the need for multiple products. It can act as a vacuum, mop, and area rug cleaner, all in one.
- The BISSELL®CrossWave® Cordless Max charges on a stand and operates without a cord.
- It can be used as a vacuum only, should you not need to mop the floor or deep clean area rugs.
- It works on multiple surfaces, eliminating the need to change products as you clean every type of floor in your home.
- It connects to the BISSELL®app on your smartphone via wireless internet.
- You can elect to use different types of BISSELL® cleansers in the same vacuum. There are products specifically for hardwood floors, area rugs, and even pet odor removers.
- The machine can switch from hard surfaces to area rug surfaces at the touch of a button.
- The BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max is the first “smart” vacuum I’ve ever used that has app and wifi connectivity. Pretty impressive! The lights on the machine indicate the wifi status, battery life, dirty water tank status, rug mode, and hard floor mode. I have been using the owner’s manual, but it is pretty easy to use even for first time users.
- The machine is self-cleaning. Yes, seriously. The dirty egg mess comes right off of the roller and the machine cleans the roller when I press the Clean Out Cycle button. Instructions for that are below.
My final test was to try it on my area rug. I wanted to see if it was able to suction up the mess and clean it, also. I tested the area rug by spilling some some potato chips and a wet spill. Here is the dirty tank photo. Notice how it has vacuumed the chips and the BISSELL®wet area rug solution. Again, I do not know of another machine that perform all of these functions at the same time and still does a good job. This BISSELL® can do it all.
BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max Review
Charging the BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max is easy:
- Place the CrossWave on the charging dock station.
- Plug the wall adapter into the electric outlet.
- Charge for a maximum of 4 hours.
- Watch the light indicator to see when it has reached a full charge.
Filling the Water Tank:
- The clean water tanks located on the back of the machine. It pops in and out easily.
- Unscrew the cap.
- Add hot water up to the fill line. Then, add the BISSELL® formula up to the formula fill line. There are two separate fill lines for small messes or larger messes.
- Screw the cap back on and place the water tank back in it’s place.
Cleaning the Floors with the BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max:
- To clean hard floors, turn the machine on by pressing the power button. Just above the power button is the Mode Button. Press the Mode button to select either hard floors or area rugs. The LED lights will indicate which option you select.
- Recline the machine to vacuum. You’ll see the roller brushes spinning.
- To use the wet cleaning formulas, squeeze the spray trigger button under the handle as you vacuum. LED lights will illuminate to show you that the wet solution is in use. You will also see bubbles on the vacuum roller brushes as it picks up the cleaning formula.
- To dry the floors quickly, release the spray trigger and pass over the wet area to suck up the moisture/formula.
- Turn off the machine when finished.
Emptying the Dirty Water Tank:
- Remove the dirty water tank by pressing the release button.
- Remove the top of the tank. You can also remove the inner filter, if needed.
- Dump the dirty contents into the trash or pour wet contents down the drain.
- Rinse the tank with clean water. You can also use dish detergent to hand wash the tank and components.
- Allow to air dry before reassembly.
- Place the dry, clean tank back onto the machine.
BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max Review
Did I mention the machine is self-cleaning? This may be my favorite part!
Check out the instructions below to see how it self-cleans. We wouldn’t want that cereal and milk scent to sour or that broken egg to smell. Here is the solution BISSELL® has designed.
Using the 3 in 1 Docking Station to operate the Clean Out Cycle on the Machine:
- First, place the BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max onto the docking station. Ensure there is enough clean water left in the clean water tank.
- Push the Clean Out Cycle Button to start the 40 second cycle. After the cycle is complete, empty the dirty water tank. You’ll see it spins and rinses the roller as it cleans. Finally, a self-cleaning machine! Impressive stuff.
- Remove the brush roll to allow it to air dry.
- Remove the machine from the docking station and hand wipe out the tray, if necessary. Do NOT run it directly under the sink tap, as it has a the electric charging cord attached.
- Once the brush roll is dry, put the clean roll back into the machine. 2 rolls are included, so you can use one while the other is drying.
Here is the “after”photo of the roller after it has been through the Clean Out Cycle. The machine has completely washed the roller and spun out the mess using it’s own self-cleaning cycle. It really is impressive. The only manual clean up required is to pour out the dirty water tank.
BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max Review: What I LOVE about the BISSELL®CrossWave® Cordless Max:
It vacuums and washes floors at the same time. It save time by tackling two chores at once and eliminates the need for separate cleaning devices.
It provides a powerful, cordless cleaning experience. Cords can get in the way and can run short. You never have to worry about running out of cord length or unplugging and plugging it into another outlet. You can move freely from room to room and surface to surface.
Multi-surface cleaning is a must, and I finally have a “one size fits all” machine that does it all. How do I keep my floors clean? I can clean every floor surface in my home using the same machine and the same BISSELL® multi-surface solution. I don’t have to stop and empty or refill different formulas as I move from room to room and floor to floor. I have used it successfully on hardwood floors, ceramic tile, and on my area rugs.
The BISSELL® CrossWave®Cordless Max is affordable. Instead of the $600+ price tag you find on many makes and models, you can buy this All In One Machine for $399 at retailers nationwide and online at the link below. Plus, you get all of the cleaning options of a vacuum, wet/dry cleaner, and mop in this all-in-one machine.
Every BISSELL®product purchase helps save pets (and we love our fur-babies). Through the partnership with BISSELL® Pet Foundation, a portion of your purchase goes directly into helping pets find a loving home.
Main product features of the BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max: How do I keep my floors clean?
- Vacuums and washes floors at the same time
- A Huge Benefit! You usually you have to sweep or vacuum hard floors and then mop, but now you can do these 2 steps in 1 using the same machine.
- Provides a Cordless cleaning experience – no more plugging and unplugging the vacuum as you move from room to room.
- Comes equipped with a 36-volt lithium-ion battery for up to 30-minutes of cleaning.
- Vacuums and washes multiple, sealed hard floor types
- Works seamlessly on Tile, vinyl, linoleum, or hardwood floors
- Works on hard floors and area rugs – freshens or refreshes area rugs and runs beautifully on hard surfaces
- 2 modes: hard floor to area rug – It even dispenses the right amount of solution depending on your surface.
- Has modern, 2 tank technology (dirt tank + clean tank) Most other floor cleaners use one tank.
- Added Benefit: Usually a mop bucket becomes one dirty bucket that you continue to use as you clean. Now, with 2 tanks, you can always clean with fresh water and solution
- Improved edge cleaning compared to previous CrossWave® models
How do I keep my floors clean? BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max Review
- The BISSELL®CrossWave®Cordless Max helps pick-up messes like pet hair along baseboards and in corners of your home and around baseboards.
- It has a great Self-cleaning cycle – lasts 40 seconds. It flushes out dirt, hair, and debris after each use. It rinses the roller clean.
- Works on Wi-Fi – helps to keep track of formula usage, filter life, and brush roll life, so you can see when to replace them
- The app also helps user keep track of usage: When was the last time I changed my filter?
- The BISSELL® app provides maintenance tracking, helpful tips (how to videos, user guide, troubleshooting guide are all in the app), and a usage dashboard to help you use your machine.
If you are thinking of getting a BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max, I believe you’ll be very satisfied with your purchase. Even weeks after owning one, this is still my “go to” machine. I hope my BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max Review has answered your questions and given you some details to guide your decision.
How do I keep my floors clean? You can find the BISSELL®CrossWave®Cordless Max at your local BISSELL® retailers or online at www.bissell.com.
(Disclosure: The good people at BISSELL® provided this product to me in exchange for my full and honest review. I am still using it weeks after because I love the ease of use. It is now my “go to” solution to clean my floors. I haven’t used my previously owned vacuum and mop for weeks.)
Do you own a BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless Max? If so, leave me a comment below and let me know what you love about it.
Check out the most popular posts on deemiddleton.com:
Also, check out a great post on decluttering over here from becomingminimalist.com. Joshua Becker has some great tips on decluttering and minimalism.
For further reading, check out the fly lady here. She has some great cleaning and decluttering ideas plus excellent organization tips to get you started.
Also, you can get the complete digital printable copy of the Year Long Thorough Declutter Series Calendar and Checklists here. The printable digital download is delivered to your email. It includes 25 pages of printable calendar pages and checklists to help you declutter every room in your home.